Some words I wrote at the Wise Woman Weekend 2017, if you haven't heard of this weekend, then definitely check it out for next year. http://wisewomanweekend.ie/
I performed two songs, both filk. The first one was to have us all sing together and so these words are sung to the tune of The Wild Rover. Singing together does amazing things to your brain, it releases endorphins and makes you feel great. The words were to remind us to stretch out our hands to other women and to make connections
I performed two songs, both filk. The first one was to have us all sing together and so these words are sung to the tune of The Wild Rover. Singing together does amazing things to your brain, it releases endorphins and makes you feel great. The words were to remind us to stretch out our hands to other women and to make connections
The Wise Woman song 2017 © Edel Chadwick
(sung to the tune of the wild rover)
I’ve sought deep knowing for many a year
Its cost me some peace and I’ve shed many tears
But now I am knowing I’ve help in great store
So I don’t have to walk on my own anymore.
Chorus
And it’s no nay never. No nay never no more.
Will I think I’ve to walk, alone any more.
Wise woman are we, our hearts brim with love
We come to know this with a dance, or a shove
The road to arrive here can be hard, can be tough
Eventually we learn that we’re more than enough
Chorus
Look around at the women in this nurturing space
and know we are goddess, all in the right place
While in the big world we can feel set apart
This feeling, this love, is the veins of our heart
Chorus
We can carry this time and this light all our days,
Just remember to connect with yourself in all ways
You shine like the sun, your heart is so bright
Carry this weekend and your wise woman light
Chorus x2
No comments:
Post a Comment